Help to guide a new graduate nurse through the nursing assessment and management of a client experiencing prenatal complications.
- Recognize and analyze signs and symptoms of a prenatal health complication collected during an antenatal assessment.
- Prioritize actions to manage an urgent antenatal complication.
- Construct a succinct interdisciplinary verbal report.
- Perform medication calculations and preparation as part of a treatment plan.
- Discuss how unconscious bias and lack of cultural safety can negatively impact access to care.
Simulation Modality:Virtual gaming simulation / virtual patient
This simulation’s scenario and script were formally peer-reviewed by two external institutions, then the final simulation was pilot tested by several students on a student testing committee then as part of the Virtu-WIL Student Program’s rollout.
Keywords:251, Affinity Learning
Hillary C. Prenatal Complications: Recognition and Management of Pre-Eclampsia. Simulation resource published by Simulation Canada; 2023. Available from https://simulationcanada.ca/scenario/prenatal-complications-recognition-and-management-of-pre-eclampsia/.Copy Citation
The information about this resource and any downloadable files are shared under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Undergraduate / post-secondary
Fields / Disciplines:
Primary care / community care / family practice
Reproductive & gynecology