Review required technical skills for successful performance of endovaginal ultrasound.
- Describe the benefits of transvaginal ultrasound over transabdominal sonographic assessment.
- Review anatomy of the vagina and vulva.
- Describe communication of the transvaginal ultrasound exam effectively to patients.
- Review the technique for proper preparation, insertion, and manipulation of the transvaginal camera.
- Understand transvaginal image orientation and optimization.
- Reflect on situations which may have unique considerations around performance of transvaginal ultrasound.
Simulation Modality:Virtual gaming simulation / virtual patient
This simulation’s scenario and script were formally peer-reviewed by two external institutions, then the final simulation was pilot tested by several students on a student testing committee then as part of the Virtu-WIL Student Program’s rollout.
Keywords:298, Affinity Learning
Jefferson M. Performing Endovaginal Ultrasound. Simulation resource published by Simulation Canada; 2023. Available from https://simulationcanada.ca/scenario/performing-endovaginal-ultrasound-2/.Copy Citation
The information about this resource and any downloadable files are shared under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Undergraduate / post-secondary
Fields / Disciplines: