This simulation has been developed for intermediate-level Paramedic students to develop the competencies required to attend an out-of-hospital breech delivery. The goal of the simulation is to gain confidence in conducting assessments and obtaining an accurate obstetrical history that will guide patient management.
- Demonstrate a focused obstetrical assessment.
- Collect relevant obstetrical history to guide patient management.
- Identify an imminent breech delivery and follow delivery guidelines.
- Recognize potential complications and manage appropriately.
- Demonstrate the ability to formulate a relevant and accurate report during a transfer of care.
Simulation Modality:Virtual gaming simulation / virtual patient
Keywords:250, Affinity Learning
Erin Bons, AEMCA; Marcelle Read, AEMCA, BClinPracParamedic. Out-of-Hospital Breech Delivery. Simulation resource published by Simulation Canada; 2023. Available from https://simulationcanada.ca/scenario/out-of-hospital-breech-delivery/.Copy Citation
The information about this resource and any downloadable files are shared under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Undergraduate / post-secondary
Fields / Disciplines:
Obstetrics & maternal-child
Pediatrics / child & family