A 72 yr old man underwent an inguinal hernia repair 2 hours ago. Stable intraoperative course. He is now in PACU with bradycardia and vital signs unstable. The team must recognize this critical situation, call a code, and arrange transfer to an appropriate care location.
1. Recognise clinical features and potential causes of compromising bradycardia
2. Describe pharmacological options for treating bradycardia
3. Initiate transcutaneous pacing in a patient with persistent unstable bradycardia
4. Describe site-specific processes for summoning emergency help
5. Describe some key components of clinical teamwork and identify applications in their practice
1. Review contents of emergency ‚’crash‚Äô cart
2. Identify methods of improvement of non-technical skills/behavioral skills
Morgan P, Tarshis J. Unstable Bradycardia. Simulation resource published by Simulation Canada; 2015. Available from https://simulationcanada.ca/scenario/unstable-bradycardia/.Copy Citation
The information about this resource and any downloadable files are shared under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Fields / Disciplines:
Anesthesia / peri-anesthesia care