New program starting April 2023! Take the next step to advancing your simulation career!
Introducing our NEW advanced and innovative simulation educator training program designed for graduates of Simulation Canada’s Keystones program or equivalent simulation educator training.
Our new Advanced Keystones program offers a combination of focussed modules on critical topics in simulation, followed by a personal project with coaching and mentoring from leading Canadian Simulationists.
- Simulation Leadership and Building Simulation Teams
- Advanced Briefing and Debriefing
- Equity Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging in Simulation
- Examining Current Issues, Innovations and Opportunities in Simulation
- Applied project for a deep dive into a topic of most interest to you
Total online course content hours = 35hrs + project hours (project hours vary)
- Live online lectures, seminars and collaboration
- Each learner will be paired with a simulation expert coach
- Beginning April 4, 2023, to Week of June 19, 2023 (Online Learning Modules)
- Final project work, presentation and submission by the Week of August 18, 2023
- Each of the four modules in the Advanced Keystone program has been developed and will be facilitated by leaders in Simulation.
- In each module, there will be two sessions of online learning combining content, videos, podcasts, online discussion, and related readings that will prepare you for the in-person sessions on weeks 3, 6, 9 & 12.
- The in-person/online/sync sessions will be facilitated by the Advanced Keystone faculty team.
During weeks 12-20:
- Learners will be paired with expert coaches to explore topics related to their projects.
- After identifying an area for simulation enhancement or a problem of practice related to the learner’s simulation work, the learner will be required to complete a 10-20 minute teaching webinar (pre-recorded or live) on a topic of interest that advances simulation from the modules in the Advanced Keystone program along with a written executive summary. (500 Min/750 word max). Teaching webinars will be live and offered for Canada’s simulation community. Teaching webinars will be recorded and made available in a program repository. This work is completed between weeks 12 -20 of the program.
- A virtual poster can be submitted on their chosen project topic for consideration at the Sim Expo.
Time commitment = 20 weeks
Who will benefit
Anyone who has completed the Keystones Program or equivalent simulation educator training and wants to expand and enhance their simulation educator practice.
Course fee includes: tuition, access to course website, educational materials
Course fee excludes: technology to access online learning
Payment Options: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Invoice/Cheque (by request)
This program is intended for those who wish to take the next step in advancing their simulation career. It is designed for graduates of Simulation Canada’s Keystones program or equivalent simulation educator training.
If you have any questions or require additional information, please contact [email protected].