Cet atelier est offert uniquement en anglais.
Offered in partnership with professors Paula Mastrilli (George Brown College) and Margaret Verkuyl (Centennial College) and the Virtual Simulation Community of Learning, we are excited to offer their highly-acclaimed virtual workshop on virtual simulations!
Join us in a two-day, hands-on workshop where you will learn a step-by-step process for creating realistic and engaging experiential learning opportunities using a range of available resources and software to suit your budget. Virtual simulations provide learners with an opportunity to apply their knowledge and problem-solving skills in realistic workplace situations. Have we piqued your interest? Experience a virtual simulation sample and imagine the possibilities!
Stay tuned for a future workshop date!
By the end of this workshop, participants will:
- Review conceptual frameworks of simulation and serious gaming that support learning through VGS.
- Develop an understanding of the VGS development process.
- Gain a working knowledge of H5P, Pressbook, smart software used in creating VGS branching scenarios.
- Apply the workshop knowledge, skills and tools to initiate the design of a sector specific VGS.
- Examine the process of integrating VGS in curriculum.
Format & Schedule
This virtual workshop is offered live by webconference over two days from 12pm – 5pm EDT. Stay tuned for a future workshop date.
CDN $350.00 + applicable taxes. Save when you join us as an organization, individual, or industry! Learn more on Join Simulation Canada.
Course fee includes: tuition, educational materials
Course fee excludes: technology to access online learning
Payment Options: Visa, MasterCard, American Express
Paula Mastrilli, RN MScN PhD
Manager, Special Projects
Sally Horsfall Eaton School of Nursing
George Brown College
Margaret Verkuyl, NP-PHC MN
Professor of Nursing