In order to ensure your application is received by NAIT for thorough review and consideration, please apply directly through our Careers site at www.nait.ca/careers
NOTE: This is a temporary position ending on or before December 31, 2023, with the possibility of extension.
The Centre for Advanced Medical Simulation (CAMS) is a state-of-the-art interdisciplinary simulation facility within the School of Health and Life Sciences. This facility presents an opportunity for both NAIT and the School to offer a world-renowned simulation centre and program, contributing to the quality of medical care in Canada through improved training and research. With more than 7000 square feet of space, the centre provides opportunities across all health-related disciplines to replicate patient care in a variety of settings, as well as several applied research possibilities.
- Prepare and set up specialty simulation equipment in cooperation with instructors to provide optimal and effective learning.
- Work closely with other departments at NAIT as well as with external clients.
- Prepare & setup specialty simulation equipment in co-operation with instructors to provide optimal & effective learning.
- Demonstrate and teach technical aspects of operating simulators to faculty members and others.
- Maintain and troubleshoot equipment in order to prevent lost instruction time; arrange for service calls and preventative maintenance with service providers, as necessary.
- May select, design, adapt or modify new or existing methods or/and equipment for use in simulation sessions.
- Provide a clean, safe work environment for students and staff in the Simulation Centre.
- Develop inventory control policies and procedures and order supplies as needed.
Skills & Abilities:
- Learn new technology effectively with the ability to teach it to others
- An outgoing and innovative individual who can work with minimal direction
- Ability to provide technical and operational support for simulation systems/equipment.
- Knowledge of, or the ability to learn, healthcare terminology
- Knowledge of, or the ability to learn, technical components of a simulation environment.
- The successful candidate must exhibit strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, be adaptable and have a strong focus on student success and satisfaction.
- Ability to apply problem-solving and critical thinking techniques to real-life situations
- Computer skills including the use of Microsoft Office Suite and Peoplesoft, among others.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs. unassisted.
- Completion of grade twelve
- A two year technical diploma in a related field OR licensed with a regulatory body OR CHOS certification
- Considerable related experience working in a clinical, laboratory or simulator-based learning environment
- Being licensed with a related regulatory body is a definite asset.
- Must have mechanical aptitude and strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work a mixture of shifts, weekday daytime, evening and weekend work.
- Must successfully complete NAIT Simulation Operators course
- Equivalencies may be considered
Remuneration: $1,937.80 – $2,618.12 biweekly, plus a comprehensive benefits package. (Classification – Ed Lab Technologist ll).
This position is covered by the Alberta Union of Provincial Employees (AUPE) Collective Agreement. Please submit a resume and cover letter to be considered for this opportunity.
At NAIT, people matter.
We’re proud to have been named one of Alberta’s Top Employers for 12 consecutive years. Developing an engaging, supportive and rewarding work culture is something we take seriously. We know that people are our biggest asset – they are what makes NAIT a great place to work.
At NAIT, you are part of a community that makes a difference in the lives of students, staff and industry clients and partners. The NAIT culture reflects our shared values of respect, collaboration, celebration, creativity and accountability. We are committed to equity, diversity and inclusion and are a proud partner of the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion and Pride at Work Canada. NAIT is committed to advancing equity and cultivating inclusion throughout the hiring process. We especially encourage applications from Aboriginal and Indigenous people, Black and racialized people, gender and sexually diverse (2SLGBTQIA+ and women) people, immigrants, and people with disabilities.
What we offer
We’ve created a benefits package that focuses on health and wellness, professional and personal growth, recognition and work-life balance.
NAIT is a flexible workplace and depending on the nature of your role, you may request flexible work arrangements with respect to where and when you work, including being on-campus full-time, working off-site, or a combination of the two.
Employees also have access to excellent vacation time, paid time off between Christmas and New Year’s, a strong recognition program, learning opportunities, 2 annual all-staff professional development days and so much more.
Health and safety
NAIT continues to encourage everyone coming to our campuses to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to get their booster shots as soon as they are eligible. Vaccination against COVID-19 remains the best way to prevent severe illness and death, and third doses can boost immunity to improve protection and limit spread.
Applicants with education credentials earned outside of Canada who have not had them previously assessed should have their credentials evaluated by World Education Services or the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS)
NAIT is an inclusive employer and strives to hire a diverse workforce. If you are contacted by us regarding a job opportunity, please don’t hesitate to advise if you require any accommodation during the selection process. Please contact us via email at [email protected].
We thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.