Find Your Spot at Humber
At Humber, our career paths open up a world of infinite possibilities for you to explore. People are at the heart of the Humber experience. Here, every day we work shoulder to shoulder to deliver excellence, and in doing so, we redefine what it means to be a leader in polytechnic education. Humber employees are a diverse group of committed, caring and fun-loving people.
We take finding and growing the right talent very seriously. We strive to find and nurture extraordinary employees who bring their best each day.
If you are interested in working in higher education and are looking to contribute to the largest polytechnic College in Ontario, as we shape the future of our students and communities, here is your opportunity to join our team.
- Position Title: Simulation Specialist
- Status: Full-time permanent
- Hours: 37.5 hours per week
- Faculty/Department: Faculty of Social & Community Services
- Campus/Location: Lakeshore Campus
- Salary: $35.83/hr – $41.52/hr
What You Will Do:
Reporting to the Associate Dean, the Simulation Specialist will develop, operationalize and evaluate a comprehensive Strategic Plan for simulation-based learning in the Faculty of Social and Community Services (FSCS) and the Centre for Social Innovation (CSI). Accordingly, they will manage the projects and initiatives that evolve from the Strategic Plan in collaboration with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
Overseeing all components of the simulation lab as it relates to technology and software, maintenance and operations, simulation lab process facilitation and simulation delivery the incumbent will work closely with faculty, staff, students and external stakeholders as required.
Working in collaboration with the Simulation Lab team, the incumbent will take a leadership role as related to the production of new simulation applications, including but not limited to scenario development with faculty and other departmental digital productions as required. The incumbent will also contribute to the strategic development of virtual reality applications within the Faculty, as well as the diversification of simulation delivery. The role will provide support for individual and group-based opportunities for students in the Faculty of Social and Community Services as directed by the Associate Dean.
What you bring to the role:
- Candidates will have a 4-year bachelor’s degree or equivalent. Education related to simulation learning and media production is an asset.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum of three years’ experience implementing simulation scenarios in a learning environment. Outstanding communication, presentation and interpersonal skills and ability to maintain a collaborative working environment. Demonstrated understanding of teaching and learning for adult learners. Ability to troubleshoot technological problems.
- Experience related to media production and development and knowledge of the justice and/or human services sector is an asset.
- Individuals with certifications in simulation development and applications would be considered an asset, such as the Keystones Apex.
- Knowledge of programming in the Faculty of Social and Community Services and prior experience in working with post-secondary students is an asset.
- Please see http://communityservices.humber.ca/ for additional information on our course and programs. Teaching will be assigned at the Lakeshore Campus.
What’s in it for you?
- An opportunity to have an impact with a post-secondary institution, poised to do great things
- A diverse, hard-working, committed team of people who care about each other
- Tools and technology that will allow you to succeed at your job
- Work /Life balance with extended health and dental benefits, and above-average days off due to University closure schedules
- Amazing perks
- Highly supportive work culture
At Humber College we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it! Experience comes in many forms, skills are transferable, and a progressive mindset goes a long way at Humber. If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, consider applying and tell us why you are a great candidate for this job. Find your Spot at Humber!
We thank you for your interest in working with Humber College. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Consideration for Support Staff and Academic positions will be given to internal employees in accordance with the respective Collective Agreements.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Humber College is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of our students and our city. We actively seek Indigenous Peoples and individuals from equity-deserving groups with demonstrated skills and knowledge to deal with all aspects of equity, diversity and inclusion in a post-secondary environment.
Humber College is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Our HR Generalists will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process. This document is available in alternate formats upon request.
At Humber College, all forms of discrimination and harassment are prohibited. Students and employees have the right to study, live and work in an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment. If you need assistance on concerns related to discrimination and harassment, please contact the Centre for Human Rights, Equity and Inclusion http://hrs.humber.ca/human-rights-equity-diversity.html or the Office of Student Conduct at [email protected].